Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Macabre News = Inspiration

Well, for the moment at least, my writer's block is over. I started working on Stay Of Execution again. One of the things that prompted this was a local news story. On Tues. a murderer from Warren was executed, so they had a couple days' write up on the story. Went thru the whole what would happen, the last hours, final meal, statement etc. Plus revisited his crime. He had gone on a killing spree where he had been fired a couple months earlier. Shot and killed one guy, beat a woman to death with a chair and shot and wounded another guy back in 91.

I also fleshed out a couple ideas for the plot and a few twists too. One twist actually spurred another idea completely, so we'll see where that will go. It feels good though knowing I'm progressing here. I have this idea in my head and keep playing it over and over till it's almost taken on a historical value somewhat, yet nobody else on earth has ever seen any of it. Well, I take that back. I let my girlfriend read it a while back.

I still think it would make a great screenplay, but first things first. It needs written first, then we'll see what other forms it goes into.

No comments:

Post a Comment