Friday, August 6, 2010

Damn Facebook and a need for inspiration.

I completely forgot about this site since I've been on Facebook. And it's not like I've really written a ton of intelligent stuff on there. Blurbs mainly. I guess I'm now truly a 21st century guy.

I gotta tell ya, I've been my own worst enemy the last couple of months. I have this whole malaise (malais?) going on where I'm not real happy with my jobs or lot in life in general. I feel like I'm in transition...even though I'm not sure what I'd be transitioning to. I just know it's away from my current situation.

This leads me to the whole writing problem. Which is that I haven't been writing at all. I keep telling myself that the whole artistic, musical, writing side of me is basically a teenage pipe dream. I'm in the whole "why are you wasting your time when you should be out looking for a REAL job" mode.

The sad thing is I know that's not true. Hell people write stuff and become successful on some level all the time. Why can't I be one of those people? How am I any different than any of them? I'm not.

And still the "grow up" voice persists....

This really sucks. I gotta tell ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment